Public transport (43.5%)
Other (incl. car) (48.4%)
Improvement of transport system
The transport system will be improved by adopting best practices and exchanging information in planning and policy making.
Better understanding of transport flows in the city
A better understanding of transport flows in the city will enable executors to comprehend how the changes in infrastructure or transport management can influence these flows.
Promotion of alternative and active transport modes
The conventional transport system will be improved by introducing a bike sharing system.
Improvement of knowledge in freight transportation system
A wider and deeper knowledge of freight transportation system will enable executors to comprehend its flows and their impact on the environment.
Car ownership rate: 337 cars/1,000 inhabitants.
Klaipeda is an important strategic and economic point. Growth of freight transport requires planning awareness to ensure that it develops in a sustainable way.
The cycling network length currently stands at around 108 km.
Public transport network
Klaipeda has 46 bus routes operating in city. In 2015, the number of total public transport passenger trips was 34515293 /per year.
Klaipeda after PORTIS
- Number of port employees will increase by 15,5%;
- Number of total employment in city will increase by 4,7%;
- Unemployment rate in city will decrease by 27,3%;
- New jobs created by reason of docks redevelopment (expected number: 100);
- New businesses attracted by reason of port redevelopment (expected number: 15);
- Number of city-port commuters by car will decrease by 4%;
- Travel time will decrease by 15%;
- Modal share of PT users will increase by 6,9%;
- Modal share of cycling will increase by 53,8%;
- Modal share of walking will increase by 2,9%;
- Modal share of other mobility in Klaipeda city (including cars) will decrease by 8,3%.
- Increase of cooperation with the national ministry who manage the port as a strategic asset.